During childhood I have seen wild mushrooms at our own backyard ! As you all know,it often happens the day after the first rain of the season,especially with heavy thunder bursts.That was like a magic to me.Today, Mushroom is available in all seasons and it's cultivation is a big source of income to many.Most of us love mushrooms and it's distinct flavour.This one is my family favourite from the day one we made it.Coriander -coconut gravy give mushrooms a special awesome flavour !!
200 gm button mushrooms (any type you can),cleaned washed and chopped into 4 each
1 dry red chilly cut into two
1 small onion chopped into small pieces
1 garlic chopped
1/4 cup water
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
Oil as needed
To Make Green Paste
Small bunch of coriander chopped
1 cup grated coconut (loosely filled)
2 green chillies
4-5 cashew nuts
3 cloves garlic
water as needed
- Prepare the green paste with less water.The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Heat oil in a kadai/medium skillet and splutter mustard seeds,dry chilly and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté till it turn light brown.Add the chopped garlic and sauté till the raw smell disappears.
- Now mix in the coriander-coconut green mixture along with some water washing the grinder.Mix well with a spoon till the raw smell disappears.
- Add salt and mushrooms.Mix well till the masala is well coated over mushrooms.Add water.Bring to a boil and cook in medium flame till the mushrooms are cooked and gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with Roti/chappathi/bread.It's a good combo even with rice !
*I am sending this Mushroom Green Masala to Herbs and Flowers in my Platter" - Coriander leaves/Cilantro event from PJ of Seduce your tastebuds hosted this month by Krithi of Krithi's Kitchen.
Likewise,this is my entry to 'C for Colourfull Currys' event hosted by Charitha.