1/2 kg neimeen/seer fish
2 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder/uluvappodi
5 tsp chilly powder
3 tsp coriander powder
3 green chillies slitted
4 tomatoes sliced lengthwise
2 sprig curry leaves
3 pieces of coccum (depends on sourness)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1.5 cups water (approx)
salt as needed
- Heat coconut oil in a man chatty/clay pot or in a deep pot and drop ginger and garlic pieces.
- Reduce the flame and add chilly,coriander and fenugreek powders.It will be fried easily and now pour water.Add salt ,green chillies and coccum.Bring it to boil.
- Throw curry leaves and chopped tomatoes.Simmer and add fish pieces.
- Simmer and cook till the gravy thickens and fish is cooked well.Check the seasoning.You can take out one piece of coccum if it's sour more.
- Switch off the stove and pour few drops of coconut oil all over the curry.
- Keep it for at least one hour and serve with hot rice or kappa/tapioca.