1 Banana flower peeled till white and chopped fine.
3/4 cup toor dal
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt as required
3/4-1 cup water
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 tsp chilly powder
3 cloves garlic
1 pinch cumin seeds
2 tsp coconut oil
1 dry chilly
1/2 tsp black gram/uzhunnu parippu
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
- Peel the banana flower till you see white colour leaves.Chop and rub with oil and salt.Keep this for 30 mts.This is to remove stain.
- Pressure cook the toor dal adding salt,turmeric powder and water.Don't over cook.
- Cook the chopped banana flower adding salt and water.When it's cooked,add the crushed coconut mixture and mix well.Further cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked toor dal to this and cook in slow flame till everything is mixed up well
- Now heat oil in a small skillet and splutter mustard and black gram split/uzhunnuparippu.When it changes colour add the dry chilly and curry leaves.Pour the cooked banana flower-toor dal into this and sauté well.Check salt.Roast till dry.